Our extensive guide to the Poodle breed
Poodles are one of the most popular breeds of dogs in the world for a reason – they are awesome! They are friendly, intelligent, and have low allergy potential. They make great pets for families with children or sufferers of allergies, and they are always eager to please their owners.
Poodles are one of the easiest breeds of dogs to train. They are intelligent and always eager to please their owners, so they learn quickly and respond well to positive reinforcement.
Poodles are also very versatile, which means that they can be trained to perform a variety of tasks. Whether you want your Poodle to be a therapy dog, a guide dog, or just a well-behaved family pet, training will be easy and fun.
As Poodle experts, we wrote extensively about Poodles! We try to keep things simple and accessible while remaining dedicated to accuracy and the highest quality information available online.
Our Top Poodles Articles
- Help! My Dog’s Gums Have Turned Black
- How old are Poodles before they STOP being hyper and calm down?
- At what age would you expect your Poodle to shed its soft puppy coat? [The puppy coat transition]
- Do Black Poodles fade over time to have a lighter coat?
- What time and distance should you take a Poodle on a walk for?
- Can Poodles be used as GUARD dogs (or just as watch or alert dogs)?
- How young are Poodles when they go into heat? Can they get pregnant the first time?
- On that note – how many puppies do Poodles have in an average litter?
- How Much Does a Toy Poodle Cost this year? [Hint: expensive]
- The 7 best Poodle mixes for families [breed pick guide]
- What makes Poodles so easy to train?
- What are the best Poodle rescues in Texas?
- What makes Poodles one of the best breeds for families?